Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Speed Knitting for the Harlot

I decided that I needed a hat to wear/donate for the Yarn Harlot Represent events tomorrow. I had yarn - so I knit, I knit as fast as my Knit Pick options would let me ... and what were 2 skeins of Cascade 220 this morning is now ...
The pattern , Center Square - Knitty, Winter 2006, called for decreasing 8 stitches every row for eight rows - but I was getting huge ladders and it didn't fit, so I ended up frogging back and decreasing every other row - and I think it is pretty cute! It is even worth the sore index finger! For any of you out there who cannot be there tomorrow - this cap is for you! I am so excited!

And so much for my Sockation - I will be going to Stawberry Fields tomorrow and I will be knitting socks.

4 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

Thanks for your comment, too! I don't know now how I came across your blog... either you were linked from another that I read, or I was looking up Pea Pods... I went adventuring in the blogosphere in the last couple of days. I could have found you any number of ways... Sorry I can't be more specific. :S

Anonymous said...

I love that hat, I've made quite a few - I had the same problem with laddering at the top as well, I think it's in the weird paired decreases. I love your color choice!

Anonymous said...

I really love your hat. And I'm proud I was able to see it in person on you...heh! Thanks for your hospitality and for letting me stay with you and Dan while I'm here.


PS: You rule! Thanks again


Aundre =)

Unknown said...

Would you make me one like that?