Monday, March 19, 2007

SOCKATION 2007!

I have knit and frogged and knit and frogged so many patterns with that Colinette Jitterbug, that I am taking a vacation from socks - a SOCKATION! I feel so free! I found out yesterday that my Sherry Godmother's (she's my Godmother, her name is Sherry, so she's my Sherry Godmother, get it?!) son and his wife had a baby boy - Henry Butler Tate ... so I cast on! I chose yarn from my stash that at one point was in various stages of becoming a cardigan for my Grandma Elizabeth. Since Grandma Elizabeth passed away before the cardigan was anywhere near completion, I frogged it - promising myself I would use the yarn for special projects. My Grandmother was very fond of my Sherry Godmother - having known her from her childhood - and I know that she is very pleased with my yarn selection. I am half way through the body of sweater from the Pea Pod Baby Set. The yarn, Zara Extrafine Merino, is small on gauge so I am having to knit the largest size in order to get a 3 month size, but it is worth it due to the sentimentality of the yarn. I am knitting bobbles instead of using buttons - on the same row as the button hole I am knitting a bobble on the opposite band. I am also doing the matching hat - so I might have to do a pair of socks, no booties, booties to match!
I am also about to start my first lace! I have chosen the Print O' The Wave Stole, designed by Eunny Jang. The yarn came in the mail today! I purchased two skeins of wool lace weight yarn from handpaintedyarn.com in Satin Rose.
It was only $5.95 for a 950 yard skein! I just wound one skein into a ball and I did not notice one single break in the yarn.

Oh, and not to worry secret feet, your socks are just a ribbing cuff decision away from being complete!

2 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

That Satin Rose is gorgeous! It's going to be beautiful as the stole. :)

Senora Fuerte said...

I'm at about the same spot on my pea pod jacket. I'm enjoying knitting it so much... though I wish I had thought to use bobbles instead of buttons! What a cute idea!!

I also have a Print O' the Wave on the needles...

Great minds? Possibly. :)