Saturday, May 26, 2007

Better Early Than Late!

I am please to announce that my Etsy Shop is now open!
In case you were wondering, THIS is the big project I have been alluding to over the past couple of posts. If you have any suggestions - or god forbid notice a grammar, syntax or spelling error - please let me know
It's funny to realize that choosing and cutting the fabric, finding notions and cord, sewing, falling down, were the easy parts.
I would like to introduce you to the difficult lady of the process:
Lucy - the Knitting Ewe on the Go

I created Lucy with the cunning use of rubber stamps, scanner, photo editing software, printer, a black sharpie, and my kitchen table. Putting a push light on the wire rack under the glass top made it the perfect tracing table. Considering I do not draw - Lucy is pretty great. Special thanks to Penelope, the skate board was her idea. Dan, the best roommate EVER, was that voice that everyone needs during a creative process. The voice that says things like, "I really can't tell what that is suppose to be."

Lucy is a very useful ewe.

I used her to make this button (which is also on the sidebar of my blog):


knitting ewe button

It still needs a little work.

The banner for my shop:

Banner Maker Pro 6 was the perfect tool for the button and banner - they also have a 15-day trail period.

She will also appear on the tag that will be attached to each item. Lucy on the front with care information, etc. on the back. I also made business cards so that I can give them to people when they ask me about my "lovely handmade bag".

I am going to be creating a special limited edition - available by special order only - Sit 'N Knit New York - bag. How special? Well, I ordered the silk screen printing kit today. The first will be raffled on World Wide Knit in Public Day.

WOW, I DID IT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Allena,

Just wanted to be the first one to congratulate you on the new endeavor!

Tawana

Harlem Purl said...

Congrats! We must get together for a spell. I would love to pick your brain if you don't mind.

HPNY KNITS said...

congratulations!!! fab. I must order the sit n knit bag with Lucy!
you go girl!
:-)

Penelope said...

Woo hoo! Go you! Hey--are we knitting at etsy lab this Tuesday?

Kristina said...

a little bit late, but LOVE the logo! hope the shop is a huge success.