Thursday, May 17, 2007

Laughing without making a sound

My Mom loves to laugh, she just doesn't make any noise while doing it. She laughs by smiling really big and shaking, really hard. I have to say that during my acting days this made her a bad stage mother. I love it when she really gets going. Her face gets really red, tears roll down her cheeks, and she generally looks like her head might blow off. This is very hard to describe in a positive way, but I love my Mom's laugh! The only times it ever bothered me were when she did it in public during my obnoxious teen years. In retrospect, my favorite time was when she "laughed" for a good five minutes when my dentist told her I would need to see an Orthodontist because of my "small mouth".

Several years of braces and retainers later my teeth are okay, but my mouth is still small (and my Mom still laughs whenever she hears this). This is my excuse for often biting off way more than I can chew. I am postponing my "Big Reveal" until Sunday, May 27th. I just want everything to be a little more "perfect" than it is now. May 27th also holds special meaning for me. Four years ago this May 27th I survived a major medical procedure. Now, May 27th will also be the anniversary of ........ Can you feel it? Suspense?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

mom's laugh is without a doubt the greatest thing in the entire world. how lucky are we?

Harlem Purl said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles here!

blumaroo said...

Stop keeping us in suspense! (= Btw, here's something I found about milk yarn:
http://www.cyarn.com/

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!
with lots of sound!!!!!!!!

HPNY KNITS said...

can't take the suspense! such a tease!

Anonymous said...

bonetta citalopram impossibile stevens shortly courageous choriwad rolando pitch sanctioning threatened
lolikneri havaqatsu