Monday, May 14, 2007

Big Ouch - So Worth It!

I have a really big project in the works - all will be revealed by Friday, May 18. I had a list of six places to get to in about 4 hours. My first stop was The Ink Pad. I was walking along minding my own business when this old lady punched me ... okay, I tripped over a curb. I didn't cry, but I wanted to, especially when I saw my pants!
I hobbled into the little convenience store/cafe on the corner where I bought some band aids and asked for a wet napkin. I felt really bad for the people sitting at the tables, but I had no choice but to grab a chair and clean myself up. My right knee is really bad - and my right palm is bad, but could be worse. I decided to continue with my day, and I am so glad I did. I even managed to stay on my diet. I passed
this by while still teary eyed from my kiss with the concrete.


Look what I found at The Ink Pad!

I couldn't have even imagined anything more perfect. Totally worth the skinned knee! Can you feel the suspense of my big reveal building?





The rest of my day went by without injury. and I even made it to M & J Trimmings before they closed. I was literally their last customer of the day.





I am now clean and bandaged:












Despite my wounded hand I got a good deal of knitting done while riding the subway today. I am almost ready to start the heel of my second Pomatomus. The yarn is Sundara's
redemption from her previous offerings. I am absolutely in love with the April offering of her Petal's Collection, the Dahlia.


You're right Penelope, there's light at the end of the yarn ball! (Yeah, I just linked to Penelope's long awaited blog for the first time!)

Here are two more teasers before the big reveal:


I want to give a shout out to Chante and the awesome bat of roving that I bought from her Etsy Store, Harlem Purls. My package arrived in the mail right away and I love the complimentary stitch marker that came with it. I love the color, which was true to her posted photo, and as soon as I have time that drop spindle of mine won't know what spun it!



I've got work to do - big reveal in less than 4 days!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi sister! I am so sorry that you hurt yourself. but like you said, it's not like the time that Sam dragged you down the hill. I fell in my friend's apt the other day and skinned my elbow, but nothing so intense as you.

Harlem Purl said...

I'm sorry to hear about the fall. I'm sure that curb just came righ tup from out of no where. Ask Judes, she knows all about these deceptive new york streets.

Thanks for the review and I'm glad you like it. When I spin from batts I usually just seperate a strip off and just start spinning from that. And don't forget, DRAFT, Allena, DRAFT!

Penelope said...

Kiss kiss for the boo-boos! Good luck with the reveal preparation!

nicolina said...

ooh, i know! it's an aircraft carrier, right? i KNEW it!

Anonymous said...

yes...like Chante said...just ask Judes about tripping on the nyc streets!! Been there...done that....hope you heal quickly!!

can not wait for your big surprise!!

HPNY KNITS said...

sorry to hear about your ouch! hope its better.