Sunday, February 25, 2007

SEE DAN KNIT!

I am teaching my roommate Dan to knit!


Here he is knitting his first rows!


Here he is frogging those first rows! (rip-it, rip-it)


On Valentine's Day we trecked through the newly fallen snow to get Dan yarn for his project at Purl in Soho. It had stopped snowing several hours earlier, but the roads were still a mess. This is why I love New York City; even when the roads look like this: you can still use public transportation to get to a yarn store! The first yarn that Dan picked up in the yarn store was a dark brown Rowan Scottish Tweed Chunky with flecks of color out of the 50% off bin. I suggested that he might not want a dark color for his first project because it might make it more difficult to see the stitches. His response was that of a true knitter- "Well I'll probably just get it anyway - it is on sale." Bless his knitter heart, he was about to start his stash before he had completed a single project. (I just hope that there is enough room in our apartment for two knitters!)
He did end up getting the Rowan and I think he is developing great technique, what do you think?



And here it is .....Dan's first finished project!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Woo Hoo! You're first finished project is a big accomplishment! Congrats to Dan and to your fabulous teacher Allena!!

Kristina said...

way to instruct! very nice to meet you at the book discussion.

Unknown said...

I know I've said this before, but I'm so so so happy that you are living together. write me an email sister!
not much here in Doha. I've just been doing cross stitch.
miss you