Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MYSTERY CABLES

I realized that out of all of my 13 posts I have yet to post a work in progress. I started these socks yesterday, and they are really cool. The pattern is the Friday, February 23 and Sat./Sun., Feb. 24 & 25 from Paulette Lane and Friends Knitting Pattern a Day 2007 Calendar. The pattern calls for Cascade 220 and I am making them in a child's large for Marsha's Students through Afghans for Afghans.

Here is the completed leg. What do you think?


Okay, your thinking how your going to break it to me that there must be something wrong - but here is the mystery! It is knit inside out! Now that the cabeling in finished you turn it inside out - which is really outside out and ....
I think it is really cool! However, the socks need to be delivered by March 7th, so no more blogging, just knitting! (I can hear the intro to Cast-On with Brenda Dayne - "Knit, knit like the wind!") Wish me luck!


4 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

Beautiful! That looks great! :)

Debbie said...

very cool! regular cables scare me so inside out - terrifying :o)

Harlem Purl said...

You were right. There. Now I said it for the World Wide Web to hear.

Kewl socks by the way.

nicolina said...

such an awesome pattern. i might just have to look into this pattern-a-day calendar of which you speak. but ... oh now... do i have anymore room for more knitting books? maybe i'll give away some socks. the store-bought ones at least...