Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Nana and Me Collection


This is the first sweater I completed. I got the Pattern from Knitting the New Classics by Kristin Nicholas. It was knit in the round and had very little finishing. The neck was folded down on the inside and sewn down and there was a simple 3-needle bind-off under the arms. The yarn was a wool/alpaca blend, I don't remember the brand. I bought the yarn and got a little help at Mind's Eye Yarn. Mind's Eye is a wonderful shop in Cambridge, MA. It is a small shop owned by a wonderful women Lucy. She sells really great yarn including some she dyes herself. She offers group and personal lessons - Lucy is the reason I can sew I seam - including knitting and spinning. I gave the sweater to my mother for her first birthday as a Nana. Her first grandchild was born less than a month earlier.

When I finished the sweater I had enough yarn left over to knit another, in a toddler 2. I loved the idea that any of my mother's grandchildren would be able to wear a sweater "Just like Nana's".



I couldn't resist taking a picture of the "Nana and Me Collection" before the baby fit the sweater. I love his little foot sticking out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The matching sweaters are adorable. You're amazing to be able to create such beautiful pieces. I like your blog.
Laura