Saturday, October 14, 2006

I AM AN ORGANIZED KNITTER....FOR NOW!

First I organized all of my patterns. I am always re-printing patterns – such a waste, so I put all of my patterns in plastic sheets and put them in a three ring binder – thank you Hila for the idea. I even organized them by category and put articles and patterns from some knitting magazines that I had from the New York Knit-Out. It has been over a week, and I have to say … so far, so good.



I liked it so much that I did the same with all of my needles. I was a little horrified to realize the number of certain double points I have accumulated by not keeping tabs of my needles when starting new projects, but I think only one set was missing a needle – I think that’s pretty good. I also made a list for the front of the book and put a copy in my knitting bag. It has been over a week – and I haven’t had to buy a single needle, so again … so far, so good.



In looking for all of my needles I was forced to confront my stash. If it wasn’t for 5+ skeins of yarn I had meant for a cardigan it really isn’t that bad. I actually ripped some half finished projects, including the cardigan. I recently signed up for the second six months of the Sundara Yarn Petals Collection (it is now still open), and realized that I was going to have to find a way of winding it. I went on e-bay and got a Royal Blue Winder – really cheap.

I love my winder!



So my stash before:



And my stash after:

1 comment:

HPNY KNITS said...

hooray for organising!! I have some yarn to transfer from skeins to balls. it looks so much better!