Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jag älskar min bohus, men hatar min kamera!

I LOVE MY BOHUS, BUT HATE MY CAMERA!
I am on chart row 40 of the yoke of my beautiful Blue Shimmer Bohus pullover - and my camera is not working. My camera is actually on it's way to Nikon to see if it can be fixed and for a cost that will not exceed its actual value.
I will describe some of what I have knit. (I did get a disposable and at some point there will be pictures)
I wanted to do hemmed edges rather than ribbed, here is what I did.
I started with this provisional cast on, which I love. I will give a crisp $1 bill to the first person who can prove to me that the provisional cast on from knittinghelp.com is possible. It is the one video of the most brilliant knitting website that I have determined to be some sort of prank.
Then I knit in stockinette for 5 rows in the main color, imagine the lightest blue that you have ever seen in a clear sky.
I also wanted a picot edge, so over the even number of stitches I:
k1, *[yo, k2tog] repeat from * to last stitch, k1 (this is the row where you turn the hem).
After knitting another 5 rows, I pulled out the provisional cast on while picking up the stitches on a separate needle. The pattern called for increasing on the first row of the yoke after the ribbing so I alternated between knitting both the original stitches together and separately with the provisional stitches to join the hem and increase in the same row. I did get some help from Nona.
Since there are no pictures I will leave you this link - it "speaks" for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Aha! I will just have to see what your doing in person! When will that be?

nicolina said...

Brain... hurts... reading... what we all do.

Yes, yarn and drinks and funness! Hmm...

Debbie said...

I acually understood most of that, but pretty pictures always make it better. sorry about your camera, I once broke my husband's (then boyfriend) Nikon by sticking my (drunk) finger into the lens. result was fixed $1k later. if you all get together to knit and leave me out, i'll send you all acryllic yarn i have from my grandmother's stash.