Thursday, July 12, 2007

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!

On Tuesday I launched http://www.sockapalooza4bag.blogspot.com/ . Using Sockapalooza 4 themed Moda Funky Monkey fabric I am letting people choose their own fabric for their bag. I started selling them at $10 and then realized that $12 was much more sensible (and profitable). I posted about it here and on the Sockapalooza 4 pligg. In less than 48 hours I have sold sixteen bags!

Okay, I was going to tell this whole story (yes, Anne-Marie, there is always a story), but I have bags to sew and I have a feeling there may be a lot more bags to sew! Because Alison, of The Blue Blog, author of Charmed Knits: Projects for the Fans of Harry Potter (which I own), the whole organizer of Sockapalooza 4, bought one of my bags! I sent her the invoice like everyone else and then e-mailed her to ask if it was okay if I blogged about her buying one of my bags. She not only said that I could blog about it, but she said that when she gets the bag she is going to blog about it!!!

I think I am going to need more fabric!

5 comments:

Annie said...

You think?!? :-)

Debbie said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've been waiting for a meetup that we're both at to take advantage of everyone's ability to teach me. You're pep talk helped last night, when I got home and was replaying the day to the DH, so thanks!! Whatever happened to Richmond?

Harlem Purl said...

Yay! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha I was thinking exactly what annie said:) I am extremely happy for you though!

Dame Wendy said...

Awesome!! I'm on my way to order one!! :)