Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Whoo Hooo!

(WARNING - POSTING WHILE SLIGHTLY INTOXICATED)


I GOT A JOB TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It's an 8 week travel assignment at Bon Secours, St. Mary's in Richmond, Va.


I am replacing an employee who's last day is next Friday. I want to get there as soon as I can to have as much time training with her as possible. However, there is a lot to do, between now and when my flight leaves JFK at 9:05 AM on Tuesday.


1) Tomorrow I am getting a FED EX am delivery of a package which will include numerous forms to sign (one even needs to be notarized), and specimen collection containers. I will have to fax certain forms along with photocopies of CPR certification and ARDMS ID card. All original forms need to be sent back in a return FED EX envelope.


2) Take the PATH to Hoboken get on the 1:10 PM train to Middletown, NY. My mother is picking me up and taking me to a Doctor's office in Monroe to fill the specimen containers so that a lab can confirm that I have all the necessary titers and that even though I blog while intoxicated I don't do drugs. And have a PPD planted to make sure that I don't have TB.


3) Witness the birth, okay, no, be in the same building while my sister has a scheduled C-section. I am going to be an aunt again earlish Monday morning. My sister-in-law's one request is that John (nephew extraordinaire - soon to be BB - shoot I need to find him the t-shirt) be the first one to see the new baby! Well, firstish. I think this is super sweet.


4) Go back to the Dr's office on Saturday (yes they are open on Saterdays) to have the PPD read to make sure I don't have TB.


5) Go back to the city and ......


It's going to be a freak show - with me as the main attraction. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me until I am in Richmond.


Oh, but look what I found on Yahoo yellow pages!

That's right 4 knitting shops in Richmond alone.


And fabric, check this out!

Yep, 16 fabric stores, in Richmond!


Of course I have my priorities in order! Right now I am blogging while drinking this:


PINK CHAMPAGNE - Don't worry Dan, THE BEST ROOMMATE EVER HELPED.

Okay, I do need advice on what is the best way to get my sewing machine to Richmond. I am thinking I might have to carry it on! Advice?

To all of my New York knitting buddies ... I will miss you all. If my apartment/long-term hotel has a top loading washing machine - the felting IS ON!

8 comments:

Penelope said...

CONGRATS! That is so awesome! Just think about the conversation Tuesday night--you just never know what's going to happen. I'm so happy for you. Go, go, go!

Annie said...

Congratulations!!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations!! Richmond, look out! I'm actually going to be there this weekend since the parental units live in Williamsburg. You'll love it down there!

Anonymous said...

YAY a job - Its so funny that Colleen was so ok with everything. Pink Champage rules

nicolina said...

YEAH! I'm so happy for you! you deserve it! and we'll be here, waiting and knitting for you, when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! We will of course miss you! But I a very happy for you. We will all be waiting for you when you get back.

misplacedpom said...

Congratulations!

Code Purl said...

Congratulations on the job. I knew something would come through for you eventually!